Cream Cheese Blend
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large can pumpkin pie filling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1¼ cup AP flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup chopped green chile, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- Whip 1 lb. room temperature cream cheese with 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla and 1 cup of sugar. Set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients (sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt).
- Mix wet ingredients (pumpkin pie filling, oil, egg, green chile).
- Combine mixtures together, mix well.
- For crunch topping: In food processor, blend up graham crackers and chopped walnuts. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Butter and pan spray a 9” x 13” cake pan.
- Pour in cake mix.
- Dollop ½ of the cream cheese mixture around the cake (reserve the rest for cake frosting).
- Use a butter knife to cut the cream cheese mixture into the cake to create marbling effect (do not cut through to the bottom).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick is clean.
- Once cooled, use the last ½ of cream cheese mixture to spread lightly and evenly over the top of the cake.
- Finally, sprinkle cake with crunch topping.
- Cut and serve!