- 6ea Poblano chiles, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 4 cups Pinto beans, cooked and drained
- 4 cups “Peaches & Cream” corn, cut off the cob
- 4 cups Farm Fresh squash, diced
- 1 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the beans, corn, and squash with the oil in a large sauté pan.
- Stuff the chiles with the mix
- Place on the sheet pan and roast until they have an internal temperature of 165° F.
This recipe calls for the Chile Rellenos to be baked. If you prefer them fried, you can either wrap in egg roll wrappers, or bread with flour, egg, and breadcrumbs and deep fry. These are good on their own, but in Pueblo, we smother these in Pueblo green Chile sauce and more cheese.
Pueblo Community College Culinary Arts Department Chile Academy Pueblo Chile & Frijoles Festival 2019